Focus Courses are a range of exciting stand alone interactive classes aimed at teaching you the most important skills, techniques and ideas in painting.
Each Focus class can be taken on its own as a stand alone course, or as one of a set of four classes which enable you to explore and master a genre or style in depth.
Taught in oils with the intermediate to advanced painter in mind Focus classes are the ideal way to develop your creative style after taking our Simply Oils Courses.
Book Your Course
- Tue, 09 NovOnline via ZoomJoin other intermediate painters and learn how Modern Artists such as Freud used their classical training to create characterful modern portraits using textured physical paint without creating grey mud! The expressive painting techniques taught on this course are useful for any genre.
- Tue, 07 DecOnline via ZoomJoin other intermediate painters and learn how to combine Impressionist and Post Impressionist colour techniques to create exuberant Modern paintings in the manner or great colourists such as Barbara Rae and Joan Eardley. The techniques taught are suitable for all genres.
- Tue, 04 JanOnline via ZoomJoin other intermediate painters and learn how glazing isn't just for the Old Masters, on this course on using contemporary subjects, colours and mediums to create stunning works that glow! The techniques taught on this oil workshop are suitable for most genres.
- Tue, 01 FebOnline via ZoomJoin other intermediate painters and learn how contemporary painters use exciting and widely available digital visualisation tools to make working from and with photos a must have skill for contemporary portraiture. You don't need a device to do this course on demand, reference images are included
- Tue, 26 AprOnline via ZoomJoin other intermediate painters and learn how to use the classical ebauche process to create simple ebauche to direct portrait studies in the manner of Rembrandt or Velasquez. Classical Portraits is an ideal add on to our Classical Glazing Focus On course, or as a stand alone class.
How it Works
Choose from twelve new stand alone courses to take in any order
Choose from three exciting topics: Glazing , Colour and Figure Painting
Take one course, all four in a topic, or build a year of study with all twelve !
Scheduled interactive two and a half hours of painting tuition
Stand Alone Course with limited places, not a subscription
Watch Live via ZOOM and watch on demand for 7 days
Easy to attend, watch our short Help Video if you are new to ZOOM
Interact in real time, just like being in class
Core Notes for each class included
Based on our proven Intermediate Courses since 2007
Taught in Oil with intermediate to experienced painters in mind
The classic way to expand upon our Simply Oils Courses
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
“The way you approached and managed the various colour beginnings, the bridges, saturation, colours, temperatures, and opacity, etc. were multiple masterclasses all rolled in to one. A total triumph.”
Nigel B. Colourful Arrangements Masterclass 28 July 2020